This gluten, wheat, dairy and soya free masterpiece was actually made by my thirteen year old son! He came home from school with it today and wowed his siblings who couldn't believe their luck!!
- 3 eggs
- 75g your choice of free from self raising flour, preferably not just rice flour.
- 75g caster sugar
- Grease and line a 23cm x 30cm/9in x 12in Swiss roll tin
- Preheat oven to 200c (180C for Fan)
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until they are a pale white bubbly texture.
- Sieve the flour and fold it in. (Harry says this must be done in a figure of eight :) )
- Pour it on the baking tray and bake for ten minutes
- Lift it out using the sides of the paper and leave to cool
- Sprinkle caster sugar onto another piece of baking paper, and carefully transfer the cake
- Spread with jam, roll up using the paper to help and hold in place for a few seconds until it retains its shape.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve!