I couldn't believe it when someone share this recipe on the Facebook Recipe Resource wall. I mean, we've tested and adapted a couple of brilliant and really simple cake recipes, but this one tops the lot!! For those unfortunate enough to be allergic to pineapple, stewed brambly apples would work pretty well and I plan to test that soon.
This took a minute to whizz up, 50 minutes to bake and much less for the troops to demolish. There is NONE left. Can't be bad, eh?
- 2 cups your choice of self raising flour - I used Dove's Farm
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 440g can of crushed pineapple - of blend a can of sliced pineapple like I did.
- Blend the pineapple chunks or slices if required. KEEP all the juice, do NOT drain it off
- Combine all three ingredients well and transfer to a alb loaf tin
- Bake at 180C (170C in a fan oven) for 50 minutes.
I doubt it would keep well, but to be honest there wasn't much need here!! One of the best egg free cakes I've come across.