Tuesday 19 April 2011

Bran and Raisin Muffins

Makes 20 cup cake size mini muffins or approx 12 larger ones.

Free from Wheat (gluten free if using rice bran), Dairy, Soya and can be egg free if you use egg replacer or try omitting the egg which does work although not as well.

Ingredients
  • 120 mls pineapple juice / orange juice / juice and smoothie mix (I did the latter)
  • 60mls Molasses or treacle, or I used Golden Syrup and it worked just as well
  • 150g Oat bran (or rice bran for gluten free)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 75g raisins
  • 1 egg
  • 120mls Oatly cream (or for gluten free use rice cream or soya cream if allowed)
  • 60mls vegetable oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 115g rice flour/blended plain gluten free flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 shredded carrot or shredded apple (optional) or drained stewed apple (again, optional)

Method
  • If you have an electric mixer you can mix all the ingredients at once in this recipe. Otherwise mix all the wet ingredients plus bran, cream/yoghurt, and raisins and leave for 10 mins 
  • Combine with all the all the dry ingredients. 
  • Combine and mix in the carrot last.
  • Line a muffin/fairy cake tin and spoon out the mixture. 
  • Bake at 200C for about 10 mins or until firm.

26 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using juice as a sweetener, they sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely and I would be interested in trying it egg-free - I find egg-replacer doesn't work very well for us...so would be interested to see how it works without - do they hold together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of ideas here http://thereciperesource.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/egg-alternatives.html but there is a fab sheet here too http://allergyadventures.com/media/43915/Allergy_Substitutions.pdf with excellent substitution ideas.

      Delete
  3. I love muffins so much, will be having a go at these xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out of the running for these with gestational diabetes, but my boys would love them! They sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great for toddlers, I will have to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to make these for Baby. Thanks for the recipe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well these look good, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound delicious . i will show my daughter who is doing cooking at school thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look healthy and delicious with the juice and fruit in them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these sound delicious, I love using juice to sweeten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm these sound delicious. Just my kind of recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm sounds so nice, not done this one before .x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm these look great - and very healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must admit, I have never tried making muffins!! WIll have to try these

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look delicious, I love baking muffins and the inclusion of cinnamon gives it a big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We make a weekly batch of mini muffins and I have never tried a GF recipe. I am really curious so will seek out some ingredients and give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really need to start using more oats in my cooking. Keep thinking only of porridge when I look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! Delicious! Thanks I will pass this on to a friend who is GF xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum these sound perfect for kids and very healthy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. oooo pineapple juice - they must have very interesting flavor - I must give them a try

    ReplyDelete
  21. These sound lovely. I've been thinking of making some muffins as a change for the kids for their packed lunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always looking for great, easy gf and df recipes to bake with my little, so will definitely give these a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is something both my children love. So easy to make and tasty too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These sound very tasty and easy to make. yummy

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...