Tuesday 28 April 2015

Homemade Granola

My daughter decided she wanted to make her own granola, fed up with watching her older brother eating Country Crisp no doubt! I searched online for some ideas and we came up with this, but you can put pretty much whatever you like in! The main thing is to (mostly) coat the oats before baking.



Ingredients

  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 125ml maple syrup
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 300g gluten free rolled oats
You really can add as many or as few of the following ingredients as you like. The above are essential, although I would reduce the oil and syrup slightly if omitting most of the seeds and berries.
  • 50g sunflower seeds
  • 50g pumpkin seeds
  • 100g raisins
  • 100g dried berries 
  • 50g desiccated coconut


Method

  • Heat oven to 150C 
  • Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a large bowl. 
  • Tip in all the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit and coconut, and mix well. 
  • Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. 
  • Bake for 15 mins, then mix in the coconut and dried fruit, and bake for 10-15 mins more. 
  • Allow to cool
  • Can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.


21 comments:

  1. Great recipe Kate, easy and tasty, perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely Kate, well done to your daughter for wanting to make her own too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious - I love granola, but I've never tried making it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds lovely and I really like that you can custo it if there are seeds or fruits you particularly like. Great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe bought back some lovely memories for me - used to make Granola as a kid alot!!

    Yum never thought of the coconut though x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy to make and sounds delicious. We have done similar before and also made one with quinoa that was yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should make granola and I really enjoy it. Bookmarking your recipe, thanks Emma-Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I really fancy a go at this, I love granola.

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg love this , i can not eat cereal have never been able to stomach its smell or taste and granola is my only source of healthy cereal

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound delicious! I would probably substitute the coconut for some dried raspberries and strawberries! Yum! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh we are popping granola on our next kids in the kitchen make

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh looks yum. Mine eat eggs on toast for brekkie. But this is a great alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so simple to make, looks very tasty too. I love Granola, I ever thought about making my own granola, I bet it is cheaper to make homemade too. Fabulous, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried making granola but I do love it so I really should! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks delicious, I am new to granola and its so tasty

    ReplyDelete
  16. love granola as I type this I am thinking of the advert with granola in x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmm this looks lovely, I'm on the Slimming World diet and I think I could make this to work with that! Looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks really tasty and like something the kids would enjoy to make themselves

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds utterly delicious I love granola but would love to leave out some of the ingredients i am not fussed with so this would be perfect .. i could just leave them out

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to try home made granola, this looks like a fab recipe xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so good! I must give it a try - I like that you can leave out what you don't like! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...